Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Animation movie

I want to do my own animated story to the song "True Romance" by She Wants Revenge. I want the story to be a kind of "Fatal Attraction" story line. A married man has an affair and she begins stalking him, going to his home, sending him flowers and pics of her, and generally other crazy nonsense. I want to do something neat with the style its carried out in though to make it unique. I was thinking of doing a stort of graphic designy shadow outline kind of style like the one employed by Lotte Reiniger. The style is still somewhat up in the air but thats what I would like to try. Here are some examples of the shadow outline style I'm interested in.




Here is some of Lotte Reiniger's work from Prince Ahkmed














And here's just a cool graphic design thing I found




















deni

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the style of the shadow puppet look. I think however that your idea seems rather confusing in terms of trying to get your idea and concepts across. I would suggest trying to simplify it or go with something easier to read to the audience. I do think doing your animation in Lotte Reiniger's style would be really interesting to see.

omaka said...

The shadow look is cool, I agree. However, I do think that the idea is possible. it will be difficult and will need to be quite specific, but possible. Also, I have never messed with the shadow style, so I really don't know the extent of capabilities of the style. But, good luck to you. I look forward to seeing the end product.